Here's a succinct, numbered list on man things. I am not sure how much I would have believed or understood only one or two years ago - but understanding game makes me understand this post more.
Anyway, this post was from "Lee Raconteur" on the do-not-marry.com forums. Kudos to him, or whomever wrote it.
Advice from An Old Man To A Young Man
1. Don’t pick on the weak. It’s immoral.
2. Don’t antagonize the strong without cause. It's stupid.
3. Invest in yourself. Material things come to those that have self-actualized.
4. Get in a fistfight at least once as a young man, even if you are going to lose. Know when to fight and when to back off. The lesson will be invaluable.
5. If you join the military, chances are you will risk getting your self killed to secure other people’s economic or political interests. Only fight to secure your own economic or political interests.
See the above rule number 4.
6. If something has a direct benefit to an individual or a class of people, and a theoretical, abstract, or amorphous benefit to everybody else, realize that the proponent’s intentions are to benefit the former, not the latter, no matter what they tell you. People will spend most of their lives trying to convince you that you should do what is best for them. Don't let them.
7. Don’t take offered advice without a critical analysis. Most advice is intended to benefit the giver, not the recipient.
8. You’ll spend your entire life listening to people tell you how much you owe them. You don’t owe the vast majority of people anything.
9. Don’t undermine your fellow young men. Mentor the young men who come after you when you are older. Society recognizes that you have the potential to be the most powerful force in society. It scares them. Society does not find young men sympathetic. They are afraid of you, both individually and collectively. Law enforcement’s primary purpose is to suppress you.
10. As a young man, you’re on your own. Society divides and conquers. Unlike women who have advocates looking out for them (NOW, Women’s Study Departments, Human Resources, the government, NGO's, the UN, non-profit organizations, political advocacy groups) almost no one is looking out for you.
11. Young men provide the genius and muscle by which our society thrives. Look at Silicon Valley. By and large, it was not old men or women that created the Tech revolution. Realize that society steals your contributions, secures it with intellectual property laws, and then takes the credit and the rewards where none is due.
12. Know that few people have your best interests at heart. Your mother does. Your father probably does (if he stuck around). Your siblings are on your side. Everybody else worries about themselves.
13. Don’t be afraid to tell people off when need be. It is an important skill to acquire. As they say, speak your piece even if your voice shakes.
14. Acquire empathy, good interpersonal skills, and confidence. Learn to be observant, read body language and non-verbal communication signs. Play poker in person. Learn to read other people. Don’t just concentrate on your vocational, business or technical skills, or you’ll find your wife having sex with somebody else. Learn how to tell when another person is a liar, a criminal, dangerous, a con artist, a sociopath, a psychopath, a narcissist, a physical threat to you, drunk, on drugs or driving under the influence.
15. Keep fit. Exercise. Eat right. Avoid fast food, sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
16. Don’t speak ill of your wife/girlfriend. Back her up against the world, even if she’s wrong. She should know that you have her back. When she needs your help, give it. She should know that you’ll take her side.
17. Don’t cheat on your wife/girlfriend. If you must cheat, don’t humiliate her. Don't rub her nose in it. Don’t risk having your transgressions come back to her or her friends. Don’t do it where you live. The 50 mile rule - do it more than 50 miles from home/work. Gamble close to home, cheat far from home. Don’t do it with people in your social circle. Don’t do it where you work. Don’t crap in your own back yard.
18. If your girlfriend doesn’t make you feel good about yourself and bring joy to your life, fire her. That’s what girlfriends are for.
19. Don’t bother with “emotional affairs.” They are just a vehicle for women to flirt and have someone make them feel good about themselves. That’s the part of a relationship they want. For you it is a lot of work and investment in time with no benefit to you. If they are having an emotional affair with you, they’re are having sex with someone else.
19a. Don't have an 'Office Spouse' - just...don't.
20. Becoming a woman’s friend and confidant is not going to get you into an intimate relationship with her. If you haven’t gotten the girl within a reasonably short period of time, chances are you won’t ever get her. She’ll end up confiding to you about the sexual adventures she’s having with someone else. See Rule 19 above.
21. Have and nurture friendships with women, but see Rules 19 and 20.
22. Realize that love is a numbers game. Guys fall in love easily. You’re going to see some girl and feel like you’ll die if you don’t get her. If she rejects you, move on to the next one. It’s her loss.
23. Don’t be an Internet troll. Get out and live your life. There are not thousands of beautiful women advertising anywhere to have no strings attached sex with you. Beautiful women don’t need to advertise and won't, for the most part, advertise online. Ever. The websites that advertise with attractive womens' photos and claims of their loneliness are nonsense. All they want is your money and your personal information so that they can market to you.
The posts on dating sites by attractive, hot, thin, young “women” seeking no strings attached sex, and asking for a picture, are just a bunch of (often male) troll pic collectors, porn site advertisements or gay men. There are women on some dating sites. They are easily recognizable by their 2-5 paragraph postings. Most are in their 30's or older. Most are divorced or single mothers. Most are overweight. Most are average looking at best.
24. When you become a Man in Full, know that people will get in your way. People who are attracted to you will somehow manage to step in your path. Gay guys will give you “the look.” Old people will somehow stumble in front of you at the worst time. Don’t get frustrated. Just step aside and go about your business. Know that these are passive-aggressive methods to get you to acknowledge their existence.
25. Don’t mentally or physically abuse people because of who they are, or how they present themselves. It’s none of your business to try to intimidate people into conformity.
26. Don’t be a poser. Avoid being one of those guys who puts a surfboard on top of their car, but never surfs; or has a powder coated fixed gear bike and a messenger bag, but was never a messenger; or has a bookshelf full of books but never read. Live the life you claim to live.
27. Don’t believe the crap about "The Patriarchy" and that "Women are Oppressed!". More women are accepted to and attend college than men. More degrees are awarded to women than men. Women out live men by 6 years. More men commit suicide. More men die at work. Men are twice as likely to be victims of violence, including murder. If you consider sexual assaults in prisons, twice as many men are raped as women (society thinks prison rape is funny). The streets are littered with homeless men, sprinkled with a very very few homeless women. Statistically, women are happier than men.
The myth that girls are being cheated by our educational system is belied by the fact that schools are bastions of femininity, mostly run by, administrated by and taught by women. Girls outperform boys in school. It is the boys in school getting screwed over, and prescribed Ritalin just for being boys. Real wages for men are falling, while real wages for women are rising. 80% of all jobs lost in the Great Recession were lost by men. Just because someone says something enough times, doesn’t make it true. You have nothing to feel guilty about.